Dear Parker,
You have finished 3rd! You have passed the "4th Grade Promotion" tests. You are in! You are moving up! You are making a big transition this year. The past three years you have had the same (amazing) teacher. Now you will have a new teacher for the next three years. Montessori is neat and different in that way. You have had a challenging school year in 3rd grade. There have been ups and downs, but we finally figured out what was the solution for you to be successful and as soon as we did, you took off with success! Last quarter you were one grade shy of straight As!! The first thing you said to me when those grades came out was, "Mom, you owe me $21." Me and my motivational tool at the beginning of the year.....$3 per A on the quarter report cards. To be honest kiddo, I wouldn't want to give you money in any other way than for your good grades. You have worked so hard this year and overcome so much, I am really proud.
We are headed into summer break which means a lot of time with Grandpa and at camp. This summer is a special one though, coming up before your birthday is our date at court to get your last name changed. I am getting more and more excited about it the closer it gets! I know that you want this and you have for years now, but I can tell you are concerned that this is the last opportunity for you to possibly see your dad. One day you will see that it wasn't the end. And one day you will understand that this court system has nothing to do with the one that determines if a parent sees their child or not. It is too confusing and technical right now. And not just because you are a kid.....it is confusing to everyone. One day, when you are not a kid, I will explain it to you in better detail. I promise.
Until then, you enjoy being a kid. It isn't going to last that much longer! You have a fun summer ahead of you starting with motorcycle races with Grandpa. We have your birthday celebration coming up and so much more. I am so proud of all your hard work this school year. Fourth grade will bring it's own challenges for you, but I really think that since you survived 3rd grade, it will all be cake after this.
You are loved so deeply.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.