Saturday, January 2, 2016

Dear Parker,

I haven't written to you in a long while.  I apologize for the gap in my letters. At some time between June 2014 and January 2016, we got really busy.  Life will do that to you, as you will learn.  The everyday takes over and you breeze over moments that turn into years.  Try not to do that too much when you are an adult and have children.  The moments are the parts you will remember the most but they are also the easiest to forget.  You will have to deal with your own life and your own relationships when you have your own children one day, and that will take away from remembering the small moments.  You will simply have other stuff on your mind sometimes and realize that you can't remember everything you want to as a parent.  That is ok.  When it happens, it wont make you a bad parent or person, you just have to pull your self back to the moment at some point.  Learning to do that takes awareness.  Learning how to meditate can really help you learn awareness and how to stay in a moment.  You should try meditating.

I am traditionally bad at New Year's Resolutions, but this year, I am going to try to be in the moment more.  I am going to try to not let work or anything else get in the way of our life at home.  You are going up too fast.  You are going to need to stop doing that for me.  Maybe even go back in time and be a 3 year old for a day again.

I will write to you more often.  I really need to.  You have grown so much over the past year - physically, emotionally, mentally, and personally; I need to chronicle it for you.

You make me proud everyday and I love more than any words could ever express.

Love you,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.