Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dear Parker,

You seriously crack me up.  You don't even do it on purpose but your six year old self saying things that you hear your 28 year old mom say is hysterical.  Now I am not laughing at you, but just, without even knowing it, you are being older than you need to be.  Okay, yesterday we did not go running.  Little do you know that you are the biggest influence on me running or not.  Granted it is because you have to go with me, but even if you aren't here, it's a struggle to motivate myself.  For weeks you have been so into riding your scooter while I run, and I love how into it you are, but it has been over 90 degrees everyday for the past 2 weeks +....I totally understand that you would rather play with your toys in the a/c.  But I digress; yesterday we decided that we were going to walk the 3 mile-ish path at the park together.  We were pumped about it yesterday.  So today, I walk into camp, you gather your things and I look at you and simply say, "Winton Woods?"  You moaned and then said, "I have had the most stressful day today Mom, I just don't think I can go running today because, (long pause with a deep sigh) it has just been too stressful."  Another mom passing us started laughing at hearing this.  I kept my composure and asked what had been stressful.  Apparently you were having some vomit-burps during gym classes and it was weighing heavy on your mind.  Such a simple expression of your day was so hilarious to me, and not for any other reason besides I was shocked to hear that sentence pass your lips. 

Then walking to the car you tried to sneak up on some chickadees.  Of course they flew away and you did an "ah shucks" kinda noise and face.  Then you stopped and tried to tip toe the quietest you possibly could and looked at me with your big blue eyes and grin and asked if I could hear you.  I had a flashback to when we would be downtown together and you would suddenly stop on 4th Street because you couldn't move while you were transforming into either Spider-man or Iron Man.  I had kinda forgotten about your super hero days until your tippy toes today.

You are so funny and I know that part of it is your innocence and I hope that you never lose that, even though I know the reality of the world and growing up.  Despite that you will eventually out grow your innocence, I know that you will always make me laugh.  You are such a character.

I love you.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.