Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dear Parker,

You are in Michigan on a fishing trip with Grandpa.  This has most definitely been a Parker and Grandpa summer so far and there is still more to come.  I miss you terribly, like I have always said, you are my heart and it is hard when my heart is not present.  You make me laugh so hard and I miss that when you are not around.  These trips with Grandpa are so important for you though.  Right now, at 6, it is just fun and so far out from your normal day life, that is all you see.  Eventually you will understand how important this time with Grandpa is for you to learn things that I can not teach you.  You too have such a special connection that I can never deny an oppertunity for you to spend time with each other.  And as important it is for you, it is just as important for Grandpa.  He never had a son so he is able live out a lot of things with you that he could never do with his daughters.  I am so happy that you have him as such a strong influence in your life.  It is meaningful for everyone in your family that you have him.  He is the biggest "Dad" role-model that you have had since your birth, and that makes me feel a sense of relief.  It makes Mommy able to be the best Mommy for you.  I hope that you are catching lots of fish and learning about all the things that Grandpa can teach you.

I love you and miss your hugs right now.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.