Monday, January 3, 2011

Dear Parker,

I have something I need to tell you. It isn't easy to talk about or thunk about. It consumes me most of the time because regardless of when and how I tell you, I am not being a good mother. If I wait until you're older, I have kept a secret from you that has more to do with you than me. If I tell you too soon then I am not protecting you from losing your innocence that you should have forever. I can't figure out how to tell you. I know how resilient you are and how large of a conpacity you have to love without boundaries or questions. When I think if these characteristics you posses, I have no doubt that my concern is ultimatel over the unknown. But when I think of the negative that could happen and feelings that will be unexplainable, I am paralyzed. So instead I am writing an extremely ambiguous letter to you. Right now, your mommy, who normally knows how to handle stuff hasn't a clue. I am sorry my dear boy, you deserve better answers and a more solid rock to lean against. I will figure it out, but it will be a journey for both of us.

I love you, you make me proud every day.

Mommy

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.