You are so silly. Silliness runs in your blood, but sometimes, the innocents in your silliness astonishes me. I remember being your age. I remember thinking that things that I was doing, the faces I was making, how fast I was running, all of those things were bigger than they were. When I made a face like a dog, I believed I looked just like that dog. When I jumped really high, like I was jumping to the top of a building, I believed I was feet upon feet off the ground. That is where you are right now. I miss that for myself. I think if I still had that ability, we would have the most fun together. I will miss that in you in a couple of years when you become more aware of you abilities and of your body. But right now, you are hysterical.
The other day, Zach told you he would teach you how to do karate. Unfortunately, Zach doesn't know how, but you came inside the house to tell me of the upcoming lessons with such pride. You were/are very excited about learning ninja moves from Zach. You even told me you already knew a really cool move, and then, with a concentrated and serious look, you should me this awesome move. The look and the move are branded in my memory. After, you just grinned. Not a cheesy grin, but the grin where you were thinking to yourself, "I am so cool because of what I just did and I know you can't even do that." I didn't laugh out loud because you would have thought I was laughing at you, but I laughed inside. You were so proud of what you thought you had just done, you believed that you looked just like a ninja right then and you knew it was awesome.
Yesterday, and most days, you were Optimus Prime. I was washing dishes and heard a mock noise of the "transformation" sound from the movie. I look in the living room and there you are jerking your body in an Autobot fashion until you were on the ground.
| Optimus as a truck |
| Optimus as an Autobot |
One thing I want you to always have is your silliness....please keep that forever. It will fade at times when you grow. You will be embarrassed about being silly because all of your peers will be serious. It is good to be silly. You will be the one that everyone relies on to make them smile when they are feeling sad. It will also be a way for you to handle situations in life that are hard on your emotions. But until then, you are Optimus, and you do know the best ninja tricks and you are doing all of those crazy things that you believe you are doing. Enjoy your endless imagination for as long as you can.
You always make me laugh and make me believe that I too have super awesome ninja moves
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.