Thursday, June 10, 2010

1

Dear Parker,
This is my first letter to you.  I have thought of writing you letters to read as an adult before, kind of like a time capsule thing, but I never make the time.  I want to change that.  You are such an interesting and sensitive little boy who wants to understand all the answers to your questions, but you simply can't understand everything I tell you yet.  I know it is frustrating and I see the frustation on your face when we aren't satisfied with my response.  All I can tell you is that it will all make sense one day.  But until then, I will write you letters so you may find your answers one day and also have a nice little trip down memory lane.  Since it is just me and you right now, I should probably write as much down as I can because we are Moyer's and Moyer's do not have the best memories!


Today we went to Dairy Queen for dinner.  It was fun.  I like taking you out to special Mommy and Parker dinners.  One the way home we passed a large cemetary.  You told me that is where people go to die.  Although you are partially correct, I tried to explain that is just where the bodies are buried, that the person really isn't person anymore, but just their body.  You didn't get it.  It's actually good that you don't understand yet, it means that you haven't had to understand it. 

I think you grew again today.  I swear you'll be taller than me by the time you are 7.

I am proud of you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.